This position is primarily responsible for MLSA’s accounts payable. Duties also include assisting with other financial functions, including invoicing, grant compliance and financial reporting for MLSA.
- Recording incoming checks in cash receipts log.
- Reconciling cash log with cash deposits and maintaining cash receipts log.
- Preparing invoices for funders as needed.
- Maintaining client trust fund accounts.
- Processing and coding invoices as chargeable to expense, fund, account number, grant and program.
- Processing all check requests and performing data entry using appropriate accounting software, printing checks, attaching supporting documentation and organizing for appropriate signers.
- Preparing signed checks for mailing and filing documentation with check stub.
- Reviewing and analyzing the credit card account, including verifying and collecting supporting documentation and entry into AP system.
- Maintaining vendor files.
- Assisting with the processing of bi-weekly payroll, including preparing all documentation for payroll withholding, as back-up.
- Processing payroll quarterly reports and reconciling year-end W-2 Forms and 1099s, as back-up.
- Assisting with and overseeing travel arrangements for all staff.
- Ordering office, postage, and printing supplies for MLSA.
- Purchasing products online for MLSA.
- Supervising Administrative Assistant to accounting department.
- Performing tasks as assigned by the Executive Director and the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Graduate of accredited high school or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years general work experience requiring a high degree of responsibility, preferably in accounting and/or office administration.
- Supervision experience, preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Good judgment and analytical skills.
- Capacity to learn and adapt to change.
- Demonstrates dependability and initiative.
- Demonstrates concern for the interests of MLSA’s clients.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Proficient at computer word processing and use of spreadsheet software.