Position Title: Eviction Prevention Intake Specialist- MEIP
Supervisor: Director of Intake
Location: Helena or Billings, Montana
General Description of Position
The Eviction Prevention Intake Specialist offers support, advocacy, information and referrals to families and individuals facing eviction, or with housing issues. This position will serve as the first point of contact for MLSA clients with housing issues. The Eviction Prevention Intake Specialist works with the MT Eviction Intervention Program Team to conduct client intakes and offer holistic, client-based support to prevent eviction and enhance the housing stability of MLSA clients.
- Answer incoming calls from clients seeking MLSA services.
- Conduct initial screening of calls.
- Determine case timelines and summarize the issues surrounding the case.
- Create case files for new clients and new cases.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of, and strong working relationships with legal and social service agencies that provide services to people with housing issues in Montana, with a primary focus on clients facing eviction, and make appropriate referrals and collaborate as needed.
- Input data from on-line or paper applications.
- Scan and upload applications and client documents to MLSA’s case management system.
- Maintain calendars in the case management system and schedule advice appointments with MLSA advocates as appropriate.
- Assist with client contact to ensure cases are regularly updated, time is assigned, and clients are aware of timelines and requirements.
- Assist with general MLSA intake as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exhibit a commitment to addressing housing issues in Montana and assisting families and individuals living in poverty.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Capacity to learn and adapt.
- High degree of computer data entry proficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight.
- A commitment to providing high quality legal assistance to families and individuals in Montana.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively and collegially within a decentralized statewide law firm.
- Proficient at the use of technology, including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, internet-based programs and computer-based legal research.
- Willingness to learn and further develop technology skills and abilities.
- Dependability, initiative and motivation and concern for the interests people at risk of eviction.
MLSA is an equal opportunity employer and we consider the diversity of our staff to be vital to our organization's success. We strongly encourage and welcome people of all cultures, races, educational backgrounds, life experiences, socio-economic classes, sexual orientations, ages, genders, and physical abilities to apply.
Salary: $35,000 per year and up, DOE. MLSA offers an attractive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, retirement and educational loan repayment assistance.